close
close

Jamestown Fire Department responds to gas call at University of Jamestown Wednesday – Jamestown Sun

JAMESTOWN – The Jamestown Fire Department responded to a propane gas leak Wednesday, July 10, on the University of Jamestown campus.

Fire Department Lt. Sheldon Mohr said the call was reported at 3:52 p.m. at Taber Hall, 531 Westminster Lane. Construction workers at the site hit a gas line, he said.

A JFD unit and four firefighters responded to the scene.

“When they got to the scene, the workers there already had the gas shut off,” Mohr said.

The emergency services were on the scene for about 20 minutes.

No injuries were reported.

By Jamestown Sun staff report

Our newsroom sometimes reports stories under the “staff” heading. Often, the “staff” byline is used when writing about basic news items that come from official sources, such as a city press release about a road closure, and that require little or no reporting. Sometimes this byline is used when a news story contains many authors or when the story is formed by compiling previously reported news from different sources. If external sources are used, this is noted in the narrative.

Back To Top