close
close

Valuable insights to make the right cybersecurity decisions

This article compiles excerpts from various reports, presents statistics and insights that may be helpful to CISO.

CISOs are becoming more comfortable with risk levels

Netscope | The Modern CISO: Bringing Balance | June 2024

  • Contrary to older stereotypes of CISOs as inherently risk averse, only 16% of today’s CISOs classified their current risk appetite as low.
  • 65% of CISOs now describe their responsibilities in terms of improving corporate resilience rather than managing cyber risk.
  • Just 36% of CISOs see themselves playing a “protector” role focused primarily on defending the organization.

Improving OT cyber security is still a work in progress

Fortinet | 2024 State of Operational Technology and Cybersecurity Report | June 2024

  • The percentage of organizations aligning OT security with CISOs continues to grow, rising from 17% in 2023 to 27% this year.

Most cybersecurity professionals took time off due to mental health issues

Hack The Box | Building a Firewall Against Cyber ​​Security Burnout | June 2024

  • 90% of CISOs say they are concerned about the impact of stress, fatigue and burnout on their workforce’s well-being, while only 47% of CEOs appear to be equally concerned about their cybersecurity teams’ stress, fatigue and burnout on increased errors .

Human error is still perceived as the Achilles heel of cybersecurity

Evidence point | 2024 Voice of the CISO | May 2024

  • 70% of CISOs surveyed feel at risk of a material cyber attack in the next 12 months, compared to 68% last year and 48% in 2022.
  • In a year of growing insider threats and people-driven data loss, more CISOs than ever (80%) see human risk, especially negligent employees, as a key cybersecurity concern over the next two years.
  • The top cybersecurity threats perceived by CISOs in 2024 are ransomware attacks (41%), malware (38%) and email fraud (36%).

AI’s rapid growth is putting pressure on CISOs to adapt to new security risks

Trellix | Mind of the CISO: Decoding the GenAI Impact | May 2024

  • 76% of CISOs are already using GenAI in their organizations, and most of the remaining 24% plan to do so.
  • 89% of CISOs agree that adopting and integrating GenAI tools will help manage staffing issues in security operations within their organization.
  • 92% of CISOs expressed AI and GenAI has caused them to consider their future in the role, raising serious questions about how policy and regulation need to align to strengthen the CISO’s role and enable organizations to effectively secure their systems.

Security tools cannot translate risk to managers

Dynatrace | The State of Application Security 2024 | May 2024

  • CISOs struggle to create alignment between security teams and the C-suite, with 87% of CISOs saying application security is a blind spot at the CEO and board level.
  • 71% of CISOs say that DevSecOps automation is critical to ensuring that reasonable steps are taken to minimize application security risk.

Security analysts believe that more than half of the tasks can be automated

Anomaly | Cyber ​​Security Priorities 2024 Report | April 2024

  • 68% of surveyed CISOs plan to consolidate the number of vendors/tools they use whenever possible.
  • Only 26% of CISOs plan to add new technology to address security gaps and emerging threats.

51% of companies experienced a breach despite strong security measures

Pentera | The State of Pentesting 2024 | April 2024

  • 50% of CISOs report that they share the results of recent assessments with their management teams as well as their boards and use these reports as a tool to communicate cybersecurity risks both within and outside their organizations.

Back To Top